The purpose of these Rules and Regulations is to establish priorities and controls for fair, efficient, and practical use of our pickleball courts and equipment, for the optimum benefit of all club members. The club is hereinafter referred to as PBC.
Pickleball Club membership is open to all SCC residents who are CA members in good standing upon payment of all Pickleball Club Member dues. A directory of current PBC members will be posted and maintained on the PBC bulletin board.
- Membership assumes an agreement on the part of each member to comply with these Rules and Regulations.
- Members are to submit all issues or concerns in writing via mail or email to the PBC Board of Directors.
- Mailing address is:
- PO Box 5761, Sun City Center, FL 33571
- Email address is:
- All correspondence is held in confidence within the confines of the Board of Directors.
- CA Facility usage policy requires all CA Members to have their CA Card, or a digital image of it, in their possession while at the courts.
- For reasons of safety, those members listed in the Club Directory will not be required to have their CA Card on their person while actively playing.
- If it becomes necessary, only members of the PBC board or CA personnel can request to see CA cards.
- The PBC is required to observe the guest policy as set forth by the CA as of 2/12/2014: All guests/visitors over the age of 18 wishing to use the facilities must have a guest pass obtained by a CA member.
- Guest passes can be purchased in the CA office on the north side.
- A more detailed explanation of this policy is available on the CA website in the Policy Manual (Section VI. Facilities, Item 6.05 Guests/Visitors).
- Guests must display their Guest Pass when using a CA Facility.
Proxies for General Membership Meetings (March and November)
- In accordance with club by-laws, club members unable to attend a PBC general meeting can submit a signed proxy.
- Each proxy will be counted in the total membership attendance for the meeting in order to establish a quorum.
- PBC dues are $27.00 annually, due upon joining the club with a current CA card and completed membership form, which must be verified by a PBC Board Member.
- Membership expires December 31st of each year.
- Early membership dues are discounted at $21 (per person) for current members when renewing for the next year.
- Your check must be received between Nov 1st and Dec 31st in order to receive the discount.
- All membership renewals must be done by mail to the club’s Post Office Box:
- SCC Pickleball Club, PO Box 5761, Sun City Center, FL 33571
Pickleball Club Hours
- Monday to Saturday, 7:00AM-11:00AM and 6:00-10:00PM
- PBC Club Hours are for the exclusive use of PBC members.
- During Club Hours, dues paying PBC members have priority on the courts.
- PBC members are responsible for guiding their guests through our club’s etiquette and rules.
- If the courts become very congested, it is up to the PBC member with guests to ask their guest to sit out during peak times until the congestion eases.
CA Resident, Open Play Hours
- Monday to Saturday, 11:00AM-6:00PM and
- Sunday all day
- CA members, who do not pay dues to the Pickleball Club, and their guests may use the courts only during non-club hours but must use their own equipment (including balls).
- During non-PBC member club times, PBC members and guests must share the courts equitably, relinquishing their court after each game for those waiting.
- Club pickleballs are for use by PBC members and their guests only.
- Additional club hours may be assigned to PBC members for club sanctioned events.
- Scheduled tournaments, clinics and rating tests will have priority on all courts.
- Repeating events, such as PBC lessons and ladders, will have priority on a maximum of five courts, leaving three courts for open play.
- The PBC utilizes a rotational play system during club hours.
- During PBC hours those waiting the longest are rotated first in for play in the next game.
- If your group has finished a game and others are waiting, you must relinquish the court to allow others the opportunity to play.
- Games may be played to 11 points even when others are waiting for a court.
- During peak usage, it is suggested that 7-point games or rally scoring may be utilized to reduce wait times for courts.
- The last players to leave the courts must ensure all club balls are collected and returned to the storage bin.
- For example, if there is no one on any of the other courts when you leave, take a look around and pick up stray balls.
- The PBC purchases and provides balls for use by its members.
- For safety reasons to eliminate the risk of falls, take only TWO balls onto the court for game play and remove both balls when exiting the courts.
- Leaving balls on the court, in the heat, shortens their lifespan.
- Casual, comfortable clothing is acceptable.
- Shirts and court shoes are mandatory and must be worn at all times.
- Court shoes are ones that are specific to hard court tennis courts. These shoes are different than those used for other sports, such as running, basketball, baseball, etc.
- Member and guests are expected to conduct themselves in a friendly and courteous manner at all times, both on the courts and in the viewing areas adjacent to the courts.
- Foul language, arguments over points or scores, un-sportsman-like conduct, or any other disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Club members committing infractions will be subject to disciplinary action as deemed appropriate to the offence by the Executive Board.
- Said actions may range from verbal warnings to temporary suspensions of club privileges.
- Repeated violations may result in a movement to ban the person from club membership under provisions already in the club by-laws.
- Please refer to the Sun City Center Pickleball Club Etiquette Guidelines for further clarification.
- No skating, skateboarding or bicycles on courts.
- Chairs are prohibited within gated court areas for safety reasons.
- Likewise, personal items such as cell phones, additional paddles, extra clothing, pocketbooks, etc. should NOT BE LEFT ON THE PLAYING SURFACE DURING PLAY.
- All motorized vehicles (golf carts, scooters, motorcycles, etc) are prohibited from parking on the grass around the court areas.
- Please park golf carts, bikes, scooters, cars, trucks, etc. in the respective designated areas.